Thursday 4 August 2011

Buttermilk Biscuits with Cheddar Cheese

Q: What is more decadent than a cream and butter laden Baking Powder Biscuit?
A: A buttermilk, butter laden biscuit with 3 cups of Cheddar Cheese!

As I lock the door and lower the shades in fear of the fat and cholesterol police, I once again face the dreaded DOUGH. Same basic dough...same problems. Only this time I know to use more of the dry and crumbly dough per biscuit. Getting fed up having the biscuits fall apart once I put them on the backing sheet, I decide to hell with the overworking, this thing needs a good working over! So I get in there and make that dough stick together enough to hold its shape.

Same oven, so this time I am not surprised that it takes longer than Martha's. I have to do some research on what to do in this situation. Do you increase the baking time or do you increase the heat? I will let you know when I find out.

The biscuits are now done, redolent with the smell of sharp cheddar. Not bad, although I notice that some of my towers of dough have let themselves go and are spreading around the middle.

These too are a hit with my bf who has two with dinner, so I nibble one one to see for myself. OK, not the best I have tasted (red lobster), but not too shabby. I bravely take two into work the next day for my manager. He seems sincere when he says they are really good and I witness with my own eyes that he does eat the entire thing. I will consider this one a success.

I have now run out of butter and need to buy more in order to create the cornmeal biscuits...

No comments:

Post a Comment