Sunday 28 August 2011

I Found My Thrill on Blueberry Hill

Just when you thought my blueberry obsession had abated, it's back to the blue!  Jim has been asking for a blueberry cheesecake and I have been stalling because:

  1. I am not at the cheesecake section yet and Martha may not take kindly to my skipping ahead.
  2. Cheesecakes are quite large and with only three of us it is too big.
  3. Cheesecakes are easy for me to eat and therefore the large cheesecake may not be big enough once I get started.... 'shudder'.
  4. all of the above. 

Despite that, I thought my food photographer deserved a little something...hey get your mind out of the gutter...so I found this recipe on another food blog for Blueberry Cheesecake Squares.  Because it's not in Martha's book,I don't feel like I am cheating on her,  so my conscience is clear.

I am definitely getting more confident because I didn't stress over the recipe beforehand.  Just whipped it up and voila!  Delicious squares that delight!




The blueberry blitz continues on Friday, when as requested, I make a batch of the blueberry cornmeal muffins to bring to my sister Gail and her family when we go to Montreal for the weekend.  I am very excited to see them and Kayko will be meeting her cousin Buddy for the first time.  That should be interesting....

Look for tomorrow's blog, when I continue my adventures with Martha making a Berry Streusel Coffee Cake and I ask the question why is there no coffee in coffee cake?



1 comment:

  1. looks good, hope to try some of that also, you might just have to move back to Montreal if all this deliciousness keeps up.

    ReplyDelete